Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

US Supreme Court again rejects Donald Trump's bid to overturn $5 million E Jean Carroll verdict

August 18, 2026

Biggest US grid operator has a ‘shutdown proposal’ that shows tension between data centers and power grids in America

August 18, 2026

Crude prices cross $90 as ceasefire hopes dim, Hormuz disruption weighs on supply

August 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»Business»US tests ‘doomsday’ ballistic missile days after Trump vows to restart nuclear testing after 30-year pause – The Times of India
Business

US tests ‘doomsday’ ballistic missile days after Trump vows to restart nuclear testing after 30-year pause – The Times of India

editorialBy editorialNovember 6, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
US tests ‘doomsday’ ballistic missile days after Trump vows to restart nuclear testing after 30-year pause – The Times of India
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link
US tests ‘doomsday’ ballistic missile days after Trump vows to restart nuclear testing after 30-year pause

The United States fired a Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) on Wednesday, just days after President Donald Trump urged the military to restart nuclear weapons testing for the first time in over 30 years.The unarmed nuclear-capable missile was launched by the Air Force Global Strike Command from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California, reports the New York Post.

Trump’s New Nuclear Stunt, Orders Tests After Russia’s Burevestnik Launch

Officials said the test was codenamed GT 254 and went off successfully. The rocket travelled thousands of miles before landing near the Army’s Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site in the Marshall Islands.US Air Force confirmed that the launch had been scheduled months in advance, but it has drawn increased attention following Trump’s order last week directing the Pentagon to prepare for renewed nuclear weapons tests.The Minuteman III is part of America’s Cold War-era nuclear deterrent system, one of three legs of the so-called “nuclear triad” that also includes submarine-launched and air-delivered nuclear weapons. It is designed to be launched only in retaliation for a nuclear attack.In May, another ICBM test was conducted successfully. The missile was unarmed when launched from California’s Vandenberg Space Force Base, USAF said in a statement.

Capabilities of the Minuteman III

Travelling at nearly 15,000 miles per hour, the Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile is capable of covering about 4,200 miles across the Pacific Ocean, underscoring its long-range strike capability.Each Minuteman III missile can carry multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicles (MIRVs), capable of striking separate targets with high precision. Over the decades, the system has undergone extensive modernisation, including updated guidance and propulsion systems to extend its operational life.The US Air Force plans to gradually replace the Minuteman III with the LGM-35A Sentinel, a next-generation ICBM designed to enhance both range and cyber resilience. Until the transition is complete, the Minuteman III continues to serve as the backbone of America’s strategic deterrence — a Cold War-era weapon still central to 21st-century defence strategy.First deployed in the 1970s, the Minuteman III remains a key element of the United States’ land-based nuclear arsenal.Donald Trump’s recent call to restart live nuclear weapons testing has reignited debate over US nuclear policy and arms control. Critics from both party wings say returning to testing would undermine decades of non-proliferation efforts and spark a new arms race, while supporters insist it is necessary to verify the reliability and strength of America’s ageing nuclear arsenal.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleAbhishek Bachchan reveals why he and dad Amitabh often wear 2 watches at the same time
Next Article Smartphone prices up by ₹2,000 in India, expected to rise further on increasing storage cost
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

US Supreme Court again rejects Donald Trump's bid to overturn $5 million E Jean Carroll verdict

August 18, 2026

Biggest US grid operator has a ‘shutdown proposal’ that shows tension between data centers and power grids in America

August 18, 2026

Crude prices cross $90 as ceasefire hopes dim, Hormuz disruption weighs on supply

August 18, 2026

Twisha Sharma death by suicide, no sign of assault or struggle: AIIMS

August 18, 2026

How Bangladesh beat lure of white-ball riches to save its Tests

August 18, 2026

Identity of 'Dimagi Naxal Party' founder remains a mystery

August 18, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

US Supreme Court again rejects Donald Trump's bid to overturn $5 million E Jean Carroll verdict

By editorialAugust 18, 2026

File photo: US President Donald Trump and writer E Jean Carroll The US Supreme Court…

Biggest US grid operator has a ‘shutdown proposal’ that shows tension between data centers and power grids in America

August 18, 2026

Crude prices cross $90 as ceasefire hopes dim, Hormuz disruption weighs on supply

August 18, 2026
Top Trending

US Supreme Court again rejects Donald Trump's bid to overturn $5 million E Jean Carroll verdict

By editorialAugust 18, 2026

File photo: US President Donald Trump and writer E Jean Carroll The…

Biggest US grid operator has a ‘shutdown proposal’ that shows tension between data centers and power grids in America

By editorialAugust 18, 2026

PJM Interconnection, the largest electrical grid operator in the US, has proposed…

Crude prices cross $90 as ceasefire hopes dim, Hormuz disruption weighs on supply

By editorialAugust 18, 2026

Crude prices surge past $90 per barrel as ceasefire hopes dim Oil…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Plenary Media Solution

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.