Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

Eight wickets to fast bowlers on a 14-wicket day: Galle Test refuses to follow the script

August 19, 2026

IND vs SL 1st Test: India on verge of massive win as Sri Lanka four down in chase of 372

August 19, 2026

American woman goes gaga over $15 ‘chrome plates’; Indians ask, 'Who’s gonna tell her they’re basic steel thalis?'

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»National News»Two new suspects handed preliminary charges in Louvre jewels heist case, Paris prosecutor says 
National News

Two new suspects handed preliminary charges in Louvre jewels heist case, Paris prosecutor says 

editorialBy editorialNovember 2, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Two new suspects handed preliminary charges in Louvre jewels heist case, Paris prosecutor says 
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link
Louvre museumPeople queue outside the Louvre museum three days after historic jewels were stolen in a daring daylight heist. (AP)

The Paris prosecutor said Saturday two new suspects were handed preliminary charges for their alleged involvement in the crown jewels heist at the Louvre museum, three days after they were arrested by police as part of the sweeping investigation.

Laure Beccuau, the prosecutor, said a 37-year-old suspect was charged with theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy. He was known to authorities for previous thefts, the statement said. The other suspect, a 38-year-old woman, was accused of being an accomplice. They were both incarcerated.

Story continues below this ad

They both denied involvement, the prosecutor said. The lawyer for the woman, Adrien Sorrentino, told reporters his client is “devastated” because she disputes the accusations. “She does not understand how she is implicated in any of the elements she is accused of,” he said.

Jewels have not been recovered

Officials said the jewels stolen in the Oct. 19 heist have not been recovered — a trove valued around $102 million that includes a diamond-and-emerald necklace Napoleon gave to Empress Marie-Louise as a wedding gift, jewels tied to 19th-century Queens Marie-Amélie and Hortense, and Empress Eugénie’s pearl-and-diamond tiara.

Five people were arrested by police on Wednesday in connection with the case, including one tied to the heist by DNA. That person is suspected of belonging to the team of four who used a freight lift truck to enter the Louvre. The prosecutor did not specify whether the person was among those charged on Saturday.

The three others have been released without charges, Beccuau said. Two earlier suspects, men aged 34 and 39 from Aubervilliers, north of Paris, were charged this week with theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy.

Beccuau said both gave “minimalist” statements and “partially admitted” their involvement. The two are believed to be the men who forced their way into the Apollo Gallery. One was stopped at Charles-de-Gaulle Airport with a one-way ticket to Algeria; his DNA matched a scooter used in the getaway.

About 100 investigators involved

Neither names nor extensive biographical details about the suspects have been made public. Information about investigations is meant to be secret under French law, to avoid compromising police work and to ensure victims’ right to privacy, a policy known as “secret d’instruction.? Only the prosecutor can speak publicly about developments, and violators can be prosecuted.

Earlier this week, Beccuau praised an “exceptional mobilization” — about 100 investigators seven days a week, with roughly 150 forensic samples analyzed and 189 items sealed as evidence. It took robbers less than 8 minutes to steal the jewels. The team of four used a freight lift, allowing two of them to force a window and cut into two display cases with disc cutters, before the four fled on two scooters toward eastern Paris.

Only the “near-simultaneous” arrival of police and museum security stopped the thieves from torching the lift and destroying crucial evidence, the prosecutor said. Investigators said there is no sign of insider help for now, though they are not ruling out a wider network beyond the four on camera.

In a separate case, Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez said six people were arrested on Thursday soon after a robbery at a gold refining laboratory in the city of Lyon during which thieves used explosives. The loot, which was estimated to be worth 12 million euros ($13.9 million) has been recovered, Nuñez said on X.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleGujarat shocker: Woman’s ex-boyfriend stabs her husband in Chandkheda; victim survives with 70 stitches | Ahmedabad News – The Times of India
Next Article Puke drama: Lucknow police bust all-women gang that used ‘fake vomit’ trick to steal gold | Lucknow News – The Times of India
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Left teaching for farming, Haryana professor earns crores from polyhouse business

July 31, 2026

Entire Gurugram-Jaipur corridor on NH-48 likely to go barrier-less from August 1

July 31, 2026

Inside Vedika Pinto’s sea-facing Mumbai home with a Goan charm, and a ‘covered up’ painting

July 31, 2026

Indian Railways approves Rs 299 crore Visakhapatnam Coaching Yard upgrade to handle more trains

July 31, 2026

Cauvery water protesters stop screening of Vijay’s ‘Jana Nayagan’ in Mysuru

July 31, 2026

Prosperity or distress: What drove the rise of rural non-farm employment

July 31, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

Eight wickets to fast bowlers on a 14-wicket day: Galle Test refuses to follow the script

By editorialAugust 19, 2026

Galle: India’s Mohammed Siraj, left, celebrates with Prasidh Krishna, centre, and teammates after taking the…

IND vs SL 1st Test: India on verge of massive win as Sri Lanka four down in chase of 372

August 19, 2026

American woman goes gaga over $15 ‘chrome plates’; Indians ask, 'Who’s gonna tell her they’re basic steel thalis?'

August 19, 2026
Top Trending

Eight wickets to fast bowlers on a 14-wicket day: Galle Test refuses to follow the script

By editorialAugust 19, 2026

Galle: India’s Mohammed Siraj, left, celebrates with Prasidh Krishna, centre, and teammates…

IND vs SL 1st Test: India on verge of massive win as Sri Lanka four down in chase of 372

By editorialAugust 19, 2026

NEW DELHI: India moved to the brink of a massive victory in…

American woman goes gaga over $15 ‘chrome plates’; Indians ask, 'Who’s gonna tell her they’re basic steel thalis?'

By editorialAugust 19, 2026

Pic courtesy: Instagram/ Amanda Monsen Amanda Monsen was just browsing Instagram when…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Plenary Media Solution

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.