Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

Abhijeet Dipke’s ‘School Thik Karo’ drive brings 1st ever computer to his village school

August 19, 2026

'Credibility well established globally': MEA on Trump's praise for CEC Gyanesh Kumar

August 19, 2026

Eight wickets to fast bowlers on a 14-wicket day: Galle Test refuses to follow the script

August 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»National News»220 students barred from state medical admissions due to discrepancies in application
National News

220 students barred from state medical admissions due to discrepancies in application

editorialBy editorialNovember 1, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
220 students barred from state medical admissions due to discrepancies in application
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell has barred a total of 220 students from the ongoing and further rounds of medical admissions in the state for the 2025–26 academic year after they were found to have either uploaded incorrect documents or failed to submit any at all.

The move comes on the day when the merit list for the third round of Centralised Admission Process (CAP) of MBBS and BDS admissions was set to be out.

According to information released by the CET Cell on Thursday, names of these 220 candidates will be excluded from the merit list.

Story continues below this ad

The press release by CET Cell, stated, “During document verification for the third round, 171 new applicants were found to have uploaded incorrect or invalid documents. After receiving complaints, the CET Cell verified the records and confirmed that 170 of these students had submitted false information. All were issued notices to re-upload their original and authentic documents, but only one student complied.”

“Similarly, 108 students had not uploaded any documents at all. Despite being given another chance, only 58 students corrected their submissions. The remaining 50 failed to respond, resulting in their disqualification,” said the statement.

The third round of admissions will proceed as scheduled, with selected candidates required to report to their respective colleges between October 31 and November 4.

After completion of the second round of the medical admissions, a total of 1,764 medical seats — including 789 MBBS and 975 BDS — remain vacant across the state.

Story continues below this ad

As per the process, candidates submitted fresh applications for the third round. Even as the state quota admissions are for students who have valid domicile of Maharashtra, after declaration of the provisional merit list for the third round of CAP, suspicions were raised by parents and activists on some names included in the list.

Parents raised concerns of of seat-blocking alleging that not only have some out-of-state students made it to the merit lists but it also includes those who already have a confirmed admission elsewhere. Parents and activists said it was a clear strategy of manipulation of the system by admission agents.

Following this, earlier this month, the CET Cell issued notices to as many as 152 students for allegedly submitting false information and documents which had raised concerns about seat-blocking, hinting at manipulation of the system by admission agents.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleGST collections rise 4.6% to ₹1.96 lakh cr in October
Next Article Aseembly polls: NDA promises 1cr jobs to youth, infra boost in Bihar; New cities, airports in NDA's Bihar vision | India News – The Times of India
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Left teaching for farming, Haryana professor earns crores from polyhouse business

July 31, 2026

Entire Gurugram-Jaipur corridor on NH-48 likely to go barrier-less from August 1

July 31, 2026

Inside Vedika Pinto’s sea-facing Mumbai home with a Goan charm, and a ‘covered up’ painting

July 31, 2026

Indian Railways approves Rs 299 crore Visakhapatnam Coaching Yard upgrade to handle more trains

July 31, 2026

Cauvery water protesters stop screening of Vijay’s ‘Jana Nayagan’ in Mysuru

July 31, 2026

Prosperity or distress: What drove the rise of rural non-farm employment

July 31, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

Abhijeet Dipke’s ‘School Thik Karo’ drive brings 1st ever computer to his village school

By editorialAugust 19, 2026

The latest development comes as Abhijeet Dipke continues visits to government schools in Hingoli under…

'Credibility well established globally': MEA on Trump's praise for CEC Gyanesh Kumar

August 19, 2026

Eight wickets to fast bowlers on a 14-wicket day: Galle Test refuses to follow the script

August 19, 2026
Top Trending

Abhijeet Dipke’s ‘School Thik Karo’ drive brings 1st ever computer to his village school

By editorialAugust 19, 2026

The latest development comes as Abhijeet Dipke continues visits to government schools…

'Credibility well established globally': MEA on Trump's praise for CEC Gyanesh Kumar

By editorialAugust 19, 2026

Trump had invoked India’s electoral system while renewing his call for USCongress…

Eight wickets to fast bowlers on a 14-wicket day: Galle Test refuses to follow the script

By editorialAugust 19, 2026

Galle: India’s Mohammed Siraj, left, celebrates with Prasidh Krishna, centre, and teammates…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Plenary Media Solution

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.