Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

Prashant Kishor takes oath as Bankipur MLA after first Jan Suraaj victory

August 17, 2026

Trump clears foreign shipyards to build US warships – what it means for India | – The Times of India

August 17, 2026

'Warm goodbye to the party I love': Shehzad Poonawalla resigns from BJP 'once again'

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»Business»Chhattisgarh: 6 Maoists killed, 1 caught injured in Bijapur encounter, security forces recover arms & ammo | Raipur News – The Times of India
Business

Chhattisgarh: 6 Maoists killed, 1 caught injured in Bijapur encounter, security forces recover arms & ammo | Raipur News – The Times of India

editorialBy editorialNovember 12, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Chhattisgarh: 6 Maoists killed, 1 caught injured in Bijapur encounter, security forces recover arms & ammo | Raipur News – The Times of India
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link
Chhattisgarh: 6 Maoists killed, 1 caught injured in Bijapur encounter, security forces recover arms & ammo
Security forces engaged Maoists in Bijapur district. (Representative image)

RAIPUR: Six Maoists were killed in an encounter with security forces on Tuesday with recovery of bodies of cadres and a cache of arms and explosives in forests of Indravati National Park area of Bastar’s Bijapur district. The encounter which is still on, began at around 10 am and intermittent firing went till 5:30 pm. Officials said one injured Maoist was taken into custody from the encounter site; he is undergoing medical treatment.

‘Days Of Maoists Are Numbered In India’: Bastar Top Cop Issues Final Warning To Left Wing Extremists

Bijapur superintendent of police Jitendra Yadav, personnel from the District Reserve Guard (DRG) Bijapur, DRG Dantewada and the Special Task Force (STF) launched an anti-Naxal operation following specific intelligence about the presence of Maoist presence in Taralagud area — in the Annaram forests.An encounter broke out between security forces and Maoists in the morning and when the guns fell silent for some time in the evening, a search was carried out in the area and six Maoist bodies were recovered with weapons from the encounter site. Recovered items at the scene included automatic rifles (INSAS), sten guns, a .303 rifle and other small arms, along with explosives, detonators and Maoist paraphernalia, officials said. The seized material is being catalogued and forensically examined, Bastar range IG P Sundarraj said.Sundarraj described the result of the operation as “a decisive and significant gain” for security forces. The IG said the success came at a time when the Maoist organisation had been reduced to smaller hideouts and was suffering from lack of leadership, direction and morale. He added that additional DRG, STF, Bastar fighters, CRPF teams were dispatched to neighbouring areas to isolate any fleeing cadres. Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai responded to the operation stating: “The campaign against red terror is ongoing; Naxalism is coming to an end. Killing of six Maoists is a major success for our security personnel in the direction of eradicating red terror, and I salute their courage.”Citing safety concerns for the troops engaged and since the operation was still in progress, police officials said that further details to the encounter will be divulged once the operation concludes. Search and clearance operations across the area remain active.Bastar IG told TOI, “So far this year, 230 Maoists have been killed in Bastar division comprising seven districts and over 1300 surrendered.”

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleRed Fort blast: Doctor who went missing after Jaish module bust in Faridabad likely the bomber, police say, as Pulwama becomes probe ground zero
Next Article After Lucky Ali’s apology, Javed Akhtar claps back at singer for calling him a ‘monster, never original’: ‘You should be able to take other’s opinions’
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Prashant Kishor takes oath as Bankipur MLA after first Jan Suraaj victory

August 17, 2026

Trump clears foreign shipyards to build US warships – what it means for India | – The Times of India

August 17, 2026

'Warm goodbye to the party I love': Shehzad Poonawalla resigns from BJP 'once again'

August 17, 2026

Nurse leaves bedridden woman unattended, consumer commission orders agency to pay Rs 24,000

August 17, 2026

'Heroes' star Hayden Panettiere passes away at 36, days ahead of her birthday

August 17, 2026

Iran offers $30,000 bounty for killing, capturing US soldiers; $60,000 if done by women

August 17, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

Prashant Kishor takes oath as Bankipur MLA after first Jan Suraaj victory

By editorialAugust 17, 2026

Prashant Kishor takes office as MLA NEW DELHI: Jan Suraaj Party founder Prashant Kishor on…

Trump clears foreign shipyards to build US warships – what it means for India | – The Times of India

August 17, 2026

'Warm goodbye to the party I love': Shehzad Poonawalla resigns from BJP 'once again'

August 17, 2026
Top Trending

Prashant Kishor takes oath as Bankipur MLA after first Jan Suraaj victory

By editorialAugust 17, 2026

Prashant Kishor takes office as MLA NEW DELHI: Jan Suraaj Party founder…

Trump clears foreign shipyards to build US warships – what it means for India | – The Times of India

By editorialAugust 17, 2026

US Navy’s Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Carney (DDG 64) transits the…

'Warm goodbye to the party I love': Shehzad Poonawalla resigns from BJP 'once again'

By editorialAugust 17, 2026

Shehzad Poonawalla resubmits resignation NEW DELHI: BJP leader Shehzad Poonawalla on Monday…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Plenary Media Solution

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.