Close Menu
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
What's Hot

I-Day terror plot foiled: ISI-backed ring busted, 253 operatives held across 14 states

August 18, 2026

In boost to Taliban ties, India joins in with victory day celebrations

August 18, 2026

'Huge victory for Jharkhand': Student leader Mahto ends 16-day hunger strike after Soren govt accepts demands

August 17, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
Global News Bulletin
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Politics
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
Global News Bulletin
Home»National News»Amid uproar, centuries-old Phool Walon Ki Sair festival gets go-ahead
National News

Amid uproar, centuries-old Phool Walon Ki Sair festival gets go-ahead

editorialBy editorialNovember 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Amid uproar, centuries-old Phool Walon Ki Sair festival gets go-ahead
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

The annual Phool Walon Ki Sair has received permission to be held at its original venue, Aam Bagh in Mehrauli. A statement from the Delhi Lieutenant Governor’s office said L-G V K Saxena intervened in the matter.

The festival, symbolising communal harmony through floral offerings at a Mehrauli dargah and a temple, had been cancelled this year after the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) allegedly withheld permission.

The statement said the festival’s organisers told the DDA that they will be organising it in February-March next year.

Story continues below this ad

It said that after the L-G took serious exception to the centuries-old festival being denied permission, “the DDA put up the matter for review. Subsequently, after due deliberation, conditional permission to the effect that no harm is done to the environment while holding the festival, was granted. This decision balances the preservation of ecological integrity with the continuation of Delhi’s cultural legacy”.

Saxena, the statement said, also warned officials against being “unresponsive or apathetic” towards people’s issues. “He has also sought action against officials found acting in deterrence to public interest,” it said.

Last year, Saxena had personally attended the event, presenting a chaadar at the dargah, while then Delhi CM Atishi had also participated.

Officials claimed permission had been pending due to a November 2023 order of the then AAP government, which prohibited holding festivals or other events in the Southern Ridge area. The Department of Forests and Environment, in a letter that cited provisions of the Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980, had stated that no non-forest activity can be allowed on forest land without prior approval, they said.

Story continues below this ad

Responding to this, the Aam Aadmi Party said, “The Lieutenant Governor has an old habit of lying. We challenge the L-G to suspend the Secretary who took the decision to stop ‘Phool Walon Ki Sair’ this year as well as last year.” “He will not dare to suspend the officer because it was on his directions that such anti-people and communal orders were passed by the officers,” it claimed.

Phool Walon Ki Sair sees both Hindu and Muslim communities come together to offer floral chaadars and pankhas at the dargah of Khwaja Bakhtiyar Kaki and the Yogmaya temple in Mehrauli. It has its origins in the early 19th century, when the Mughal empire was beginning to decline.

Last week, Usha Kumar, General Secretary of the Anjuman Sair-E-Gul Faroshan, a non-profit that has been organising the festival since 1961, had said, “… We met the DDA in April to get permission to hold it in Aam Bagh, but they said a No-Objection Certificate is needed from the Forest Department. The Forest Department did not respond to calls or messages, so we had the message hand delivered to them. The Delhi government also supported us and attempted to coordinate between different government agencies, but the DDA did not give permission eventually.”

“Till 2023, they were allowing us to hold the festival at Aam Bagh,” she said. “How did they suddenly realise they can’t allow us?”

Story continues below this ad

The DDA, however, had said this was incorrect and “conditional permission subject to compliance of forest laws” had been given earlier.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleWhy Sanju Samson to DC stopped at the last minute and reached CSK, again | Cricket News – The Times of India
Next Article Bigg Boss 19: Abhishek Bajaj and Neelam Giri evicted in double elimination; Ashnoor Kaur breaks down in tears | – The Times of India
editorial
  • Website

Related Posts

Left teaching for farming, Haryana professor earns crores from polyhouse business

July 31, 2026

Entire Gurugram-Jaipur corridor on NH-48 likely to go barrier-less from August 1

July 31, 2026

Inside Vedika Pinto’s sea-facing Mumbai home with a Goan charm, and a ‘covered up’ painting

July 31, 2026

Indian Railways approves Rs 299 crore Visakhapatnam Coaching Yard upgrade to handle more trains

July 31, 2026

Cauvery water protesters stop screening of Vijay’s ‘Jana Nayagan’ in Mysuru

July 31, 2026

Prosperity or distress: What drove the rise of rural non-farm employment

July 31, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Economy News

I-Day terror plot foiled: ISI-backed ring busted, 253 operatives held across 14 states

By editorialAugust 18, 2026

Security agencies busted the ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti Network (SBN) active in the country. NEW DELHI:…

In boost to Taliban ties, India joins in with victory day celebrations

August 18, 2026

'Huge victory for Jharkhand': Student leader Mahto ends 16-day hunger strike after Soren govt accepts demands

August 17, 2026
Top Trending

I-Day terror plot foiled: ISI-backed ring busted, 253 operatives held across 14 states

By editorialAugust 18, 2026

Security agencies busted the ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti Network (SBN) active in the…

In boost to Taliban ties, India joins in with victory day celebrations

By editorialAugust 18, 2026

NEW DELHI: In another expression of solidarity with Afghanistan, India participated in…

'Huge victory for Jharkhand': Student leader Mahto ends 16-day hunger strike after Soren govt accepts demands

By editorialAugust 17, 2026

Student leader Mahto ended his fast in Ranchi in the presence of…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube

News

  • Education
  • Health
  • National News
  • Relationship & Wellness
  • World News
  • Politics

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© Copyright Global News Bulletin.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility
  • Website Developed by Plenary Media Solution

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.